Amelia Vanyo

Amelia Vanyo, Editor-In-Chief, Executive News Editor

Amelia is a senior and has been a part of The Sidekick for two years. This year she is serving as the paper's Editor-In-Chief and Executive News Editor. When she's not working on or editing a story she is usually rehearsing with the Youth Chorus of Greater Dallas. You can contact her at [email protected] or follow her on twitter @ameliavanyo.

All content by Amelia Vanyo
The Sidekick editor-in-chief Amelia Vanyo did not realize how much she would love journalism until she joined The Sidekick her junior year. After two years on staff, Vanyo has learned several lessons that have made her more successful than she ever could have hoped.

Placing purpose over profit

Amelia Vanyo, Editor-in-Chief
May 25, 2018
Coppell High School senior Grant Knippa practices trumpet in the CHS band hall practice rooms during sixth period. Knippa plans to attend New England Conservatory of Music in Boston to pursue a career in classical music.

Let the trumpets sound

Amelia Vanyo, Editor-in-Chief
May 22, 2018
Mansfield Timberview High School junior Jac Nguyen raises her poster at March for Our Lives in downtown Dallas on March 24. The march was attended by approximately 7,000 demonstrators in support of gun control and school safety.

This is what democracy looks like

Amelia Vanyo, Editor-in-Chief
April 11, 2018
CHS senior Ashna Pathan looks over the band during rehearsal before a competition last year. Pathan has held leadership positions in band throughout her time in high school and hopes to continue her career in music in college.

[Photo] Senior Spotlight

Jessica Hernandez, Staff Writer
December 12, 2017
Pumpkin bread is a great go to fall treat. This recipe makes two loaves of raisin pumpkin bread for readers to enjoy.

Raisin Pumpkin Bread to spice up fall

Amelia Vanyo, Editor-In-Chief
September 21, 2017
A flag is held up at the rally Dallas Against White Supremacy on Aug. 19. America experienced weeks of violence and anger in the weeks leading up to Hurricane Harvey, but then turned and found their hearts once the hurricane hit.

Defining a country

Amelia Vanyo, Editor-In-Chief
September 14, 2017
Lakeside Life Center in Carrollton offers transcranial magnetic stimulation treatment to a wide variety of patients. During treatment, patients sit in a chair with a coil on their head sending magnetic pulses into a small part of their brain in order to regulate neurotransmission.

A new hope

Amelia Vanyo, Editor-In-Chief
September 12, 2017
Coppell High School junior Amelia Vanyo holds up her Mozart Opera Arias book out front of CHS. Vanyo has been singing for eight years and wants to study vocal performance in college. Photo by Bren Flechtner.

Where my passion and I collide

Amelia Vanyo, Staff Writer
April 21, 2017
Coppell High School senior Trey Beccera pitches during the first inning of the game against Lake Highlands on Friday night. Coppell won 14-1 at the Coppell Baseball Complex.

Cowboys settle into a win

Amelia Vanyo, Staff Writer
April 3, 2017
Cluttered

Cluttered

Amelia Vanyo, Staff Writer
December 2, 2016
Coppell High School junior Ashna Pathan looks on as Coppell Marching Band warms up for its UIL Region 31 Marching Band Contest at Pennington Field in Bedford on Tuesday. The band took home sweepstakes for its competition show “Now I See.” Photo by Amelia Vanyo

Keeping up with a tricky tempo

Amelia Vanyo, Staff Writer
T-Shirt Epidemic

T-Shirt Epidemic

Amelia Vanyo, Staff Writer
Coppell High School homecoming queen, Rory, chats with a friend in her bitesized mum at the homecoming game. Mums were attached to girls shirts with pins throughout the day during the 1970 festivities. Photo curtesy of Coppell Yearbook.

Mum’s the word

Amelia Vanyo, Staff Writer
September 26, 2016
The Mercy Run: a run to remember

The Mercy Run: a run to remember

Amelia Vanyo, Staff Writer
September 22, 2016
Load More Stories