Cowboys offense unable to prevail against Jaguars

Ava Johnson
Flower Mound senior second baseman Adrian Rodriguez tags Coppell senior Braden Beene out at second. The Jaguars defeated the Cowboys, 3-0, at Coppell ISD Baseball/Softball Complex on Tuesday.

It is the top of the second inning, and Flower Mound leads by a run. Coppell looks to bridge the gap as senior pitcher Jake Garcia steps onto the mound. Flower Mound senior Josh Glaser is up to bat, with runners on second and third base. The metal clang of the bat can be heard throughout the field as Glaser hits an RBI single and sends his teammates home. 

The Coppell baseball team lost to defending Class 6A state champion Flower Mound, 3-0, at Coppell ISD Baseball/Softball Complex on Tuesday. The Cowboys move to 7-15-0 overall.

Going into the game, Coppell coach Armando Garza knew that it would be difficult to beat the state’s  No. 1 ranked team. 

“I don’t think that we played our best baseball and you kind of have to do that against the No. 1 team,” Garza said. “They’ve got some boys on their team that are really good and they’re well coached.”

Following an error by Coppell at the top of the second inning, the Jaguars advanced to first and second base with ease, setting the tone for the rest of the inning. 

The two runs by the Jaguars at the top of the second inning would be the last of the game, as both teams stepped up defensively, not allowing the other to get past second base for the duration of the game. 

The Cowboys look to improve upon and properly execute their game plan as the season progresses and they near district play. 

Coppell plays at Flower Mound on Friday at 7 p.m.

Follow Sukirtha (@suki_muthiah) and @SidekickSports on X.