Cowgirls primed to face Plano East at homecoming match

Sohana Singh
Coppell senior outside hitter Daki Kahungu blocks a spike against Flower Mound on Sept. 26 at CHS Arena. The Cowgirls play Plano East tomorrow at 6:30 p.m.

After winning the past two matches, the Coppell volleyball team is ready to take on the Plano East volleyball team, one of District 6-6A’s top teams. 

The Cowgirls will battle out their homecoming match tomorrow at 6:30 p.m. at CHS Arena. 

“I’m excited for the energy and atmosphere since it is our homecoming game,” Coppell senior outside hitter Mira Klem said. “The match will be a great environment to play in.”

The Cowgirls are practicing offensive improvement and kills.

“Plano East has a really good block, so we have been focusing on tooling them and working around them,” Klem said. “Losing last time has been motivating us more to work harder and have an upset game.”

The Cowgirls currently stand at fourth amongst District 6-6A, while Plano East sits at second.

“We are hopeful that we will pull out a win against a team that we are technically ‘supposed’ to lose to,” Klem said. “It is important we win this game since playoffs are on the way.”

Follow Sahasra (@sahasrachak24) and @CHSCampusNews on X