What not to wear during these cold, rainy days

With all the rain the last two days, students are bundling up to keep warm and dry. There are some that maybe aren’t making the best clothing decision when it comes to dressing for the weather.

The temperature started out this morning at around 40 degrees. Though yesterday it was a little bit warmer, it’s still surprising to see students wearing shorts. Today especially, with the slowing dropping temperature, you’d think that you’d see most everyone wearing pants. I was shocked to find a few students walking in the halls with shorts on. Shorts should be reserved for warm weather with the coldest temperature for them being the high or middle 70’s. Those wearing them were certainly brave when it came to facing the frigid weather.

Suede boots and long jeans are troublesome as well in this type of weather. I made the mistake of wearing long jeans today and had to deal with soggy hems for a few class periods while a friend of mine was dismayed to find her boots were all wet and a little worse for wear. Flip flops as well prove to be problematic when it rains since your feet are sure to get wet and not to mention freeze.

While preparing for days like these, it’s smart to wear a jacket that will keep you warm, especially for those who have to walk across the parking lot to their car. An umbrella could prove beneficial as well as rain boots that easily keep your feet dry and also warm.

Unsure of what to wear tomorrow? Just check the weather in order to plan a smart outfit that will do it’s job in keeping you warm during these cold days.