Baseball Preview: Cowboys vs. Denton Ryan Raiders

Junior+righthanded+pitcher+Jensen+Elliott+gets+ready+to+give+an+opposing+batter+the+heat+in+Coppells+Mar.+18+matchup+against+the+Flower+Mound+%0AMarcus+Marauders.+The+Cowboys+will+take+the+rubber+on+Tuesday+night+against+Denton+Ryan.+Photo+by+Alyssa+Frost.++
Junior righthanded pitcher Jensen Elliott gets ready to give an opposing batter the heat in Coppell’s Mar. 18 matchup against the Flower Mound Marcus Marauders. The Cowboys will take the rubber on Tuesday night against Denton Ryan. Photo by Alyssa Frost.

By George Fairchild

Junior righthanded pitcher Jensen Elliott gets ready to give an opposing batter the heat in Coppell's Mar. 18 matchup against the Flower Mound  Marcus Marauders. The Cowboys will take the rubber on Tuesday night against Denton Ryan. Photo by Alyssa Frost.

After dropping their fourth District 5-5A game of the season to Flower Mound Marcus 1-0 last Friday, the Coppell Cowboys (13-6-1, 2-2 in district) will try to get back in the win column against the Denton Ryan Raiders on Tuesday.

Junior catcher Matt Bernstein scored the Marauders’ only run with one swing of the bat in the first inning. Coppell senior pitcher Drew Hanson was on the hook for the loss.

The Raiders (1-14-2, 0-4 in district) fell 4-3 on Friday against the Lewisville Farmers. Ryan managed only four hits due to a solid performance from Lewisville senior pitcher Jason Foley.

First pitch at the Coppell Baseball Complex is scheduled for 7 p.m. on Tuesday night.