• On Tuesday, Coppell Arts Center hosts State of Education organized by the Coppell Chamber of Commerce from 8:30-10 a.m.
  • On Wednesday, Coppell Arts Center hosts May Paint & Sip: Hummingbird at 6 p.m.
  • On Saturday, Town Center Plaza hosts Celebrate Cozby Library from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.

An ode to The Sidekick’s seniors: Anushree De

The+Sidekick+staff+writer+Anvita+Bondada+walks+to+lunch+with+features+editor+Anushree+De%2C+which+is+a+daily+ritual+for+the+two.+Bondada+considers+De+a+role+model+to+her.+
Isheeta Bajjuri
The Sidekick staff writer Anvita Bondada walks to lunch with features editor Anushree De, which is a daily ritual for the two. Bondada considers De a role model to her.

“My name is pronounced Anu De. A way to remember is that it sounds like ‘a new day’” 

The essence of a new day is only one way to describe Coppell High School senior and The Sidekick features editor Anu’s personality. When you walk into D115, the first thing you will see is her greeting everyone in the room, asking how their day has been, how their weekend was or what they were working on. 

My first encounter with Anu was when she edited my person, place or thing assignment back in September 2022. I was terrified to see my firstever story be edited, but she was encouraging and constructive, helping me believe in my abilities later on.

Anu’s 4-foot-11-inch, yet dynamic, presence is one that can fill an entire room. With her flamboyant wardrobe and artfully applied eye makeup, she has the capability to halt and inspire a room with her everlasting positivity.

After sitting across from her in third and seventh period for the past year, I have learned many things about Anu. Anu can burst into tears on demand. Anu always has her phone in black and white. Anu has never used a D115 desktop despite sitting at one every single day. Anu is always there when you need to rant about an unresponsive source, when you need inspiration for a witty headline or when you just want to share a laugh.

Past this, Anushree is my No.1 Sidekick confidante and is always there when I need to rant, talk about stories we want to write and joke around with. Anu is one of the most driven, dedicated people I have ever met, with her everlasting work ethic taking her all the way to McCombs  School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin.

Whether we’re on our daily walk to lunch or talking before class, it seems like everyone she encounters can’t help but smile in her presence, indicative of her indelible mark on everyone she meets. 

And I am honored to be one of those people.

Follow @anvita_bondada and @CHSCampusNews on X