Robin Hood’s untold story comes to life

By Wren Culp

Russell Crowe stars in "Robin Hood." (David Appleby/Universal Studios/MCT)

On May 12th I got the exclusive opportunity to see ROBIN HOOD before most people. The theatre was packed, my drink was in hand and Russell Crowe was on screen. What could be better?

The movie is set in the 12th century with King Richard in power of London, with France of the verge of an invasion. Robin Longstride, or better known as “Robin of the hood”, is an archer for Richard’s army.

The movie is all about Longstride’s journey through the army and how he breaks off from the army to fight for what is right. With a stellar performance from Crowe (no shocker) and a surprisingly good performance from Cate Blanchett, the movie has a nice flow to it.

Without giving too much away, the movie has a great plot and some of the best action sequences I have ever seen. Ridley Scott does a fantastic job at bringing this untold story to life.

At some points in time the excessive dialogue can be a lot but when the plot is revealed through the dialogue, you are suddenly much more engaged that before.

Overall, I give the movie 8 out of 10 stars. It’s definitely worth the money you’re paying to see it.

Another one of our staff writer’s is doing a full review on the movie so be sure to check out hers as well. I just wanted to give a small preview of what is to come when you see the movie.

1