Free Comic Book Day lands with a KA-POW!

Ashleigh Heaton
Entertainment Editor

This Saturday, May 1 marks the annual Free Comic Book Day, and Boomergang Comics in Lewisville is participating. Not only will the store being given out free comics (from a selected list and while supplies last), but they will also be placing discounts on graphic novels and boardgames throughout the store.

Okay, yeah, it sounds like the epitome of nerdiness, I know. But hear me out: even if you’re not a hugest fan of comic books, you should still consider coming out. On top of the cheap literature, Boomerang will also be offering face painting – and rumor has it that there will be a Star Wars invasion as well as a special appearance from the Dark Knight. (Still unconvinced? If anything, come for the free samples of Jimmy Johns’ awesome sandwiches.)

The whole philosophy behind the event is to bring people together and introduce people to the wonderful world of comics, so my suggestion would be to bring a group of friends and prepare yourself to nerd out. Boomergang Comics is located in the Super Target Shopping Center at 729 Hebron Parkway and is open from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m., so plan your day accordingly (especially for those of you who are taking the SAT.) For questions, you can call at 972-315-5291.