The final season progresses

By Allie Perison
Editor in Chief

As the last episodes of Lost come to a closing, it seems that everything is leading back to relationships. Throughout the entire series, it is the character development and relationships that have kept most of us watching.

To me, it seems like Desmond is now playing a sort of Jacob like role, pushing all of the Oceanic flight members to find the person they connected with on the island.

The real question is if the same thing that happens on the island is inevitably going to happen regardless of location. I wonder if Hurley’s lover will eventually die and if clair will stay go crazy.

I also can’t help but wonder what running over John Locke could possible have done for Desmond. This also brings up the question of if the real John Locke is even a factor to the island or of if he is merely a vessel for whatever evil smoke spirit is residing in him on the island. I guess only time will tell.

What the series is all about is starting to become clear. Maybe it is a lesson about how life is all about relationships, but I cannot say for sure. I’ll be speculating until next week.