Clash of the Titans to premiere this Friday

Maddie Walters

Sam Worthington stars as Perseus "Clash of the Titans," from in Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures. (Warner Bros./MCT)

I remember as a fourth grader experiencing my first Greek myth.  It was their version of the creation story and since that fateful meeting the mythology of the Greek and Roman civilizations has captivated me in  a way that few other works of literature have.

Over the decades, Greek and Roman mythology has been used in literature throught the western world and has even influenced movies. The 1981 production of Clash of the Titans was one such film. For a modern audiences, the graphics and effects are incredibly lacking and so an updated version of this same film has been produced and will debut March 26.

The film’s premise revolves around the myth of Perseus and his quest to battle both Medusa and the infamous Kraken. So far, the movie has received mixed reviews, most commenting on the extensive amount of CGI, though I’m sure nothing can match the advances of Avatar.

In any case, I, as well as other Greek Myth fans, are looking forward to one of the most beloved and heroic myths come to life, though it’s always best to take movie interpretations with a grain of salt.