Warhol exhibit proves well worth the trip

By Loren Hughes

I have always been a fan of Andy Warhol, as I’m sure most people are. He is the mastermind behind taking potentially simplistic ideas (such as a Campbell’s soup can) and transforming them into a pop culture icon.

I had heard that the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth was showing an Andy Warhol exhibit between Feb. 14 and May 16. I had procrastinated going right when the exhibit came due to its far location (and my currently hectic schedule). I finally went last Sunday and found myself wondering why exactly I waited a week to go.

The exhibit is the first traveling Warhol exhibit and demonstrates the art he created in his last years. It includes some of his most famous paintings, such as the Marilyn Monroe and Campbell’s painting to his portraits of multiple celebrities such as John Lennon and Yoko Ono and a young Farrah Fawcett.

The exhibit contains about 55 of Warhol’s masterpieces and each presents a new mystique and element of unique artisitic ability. It is truly an exhibit for all, if not a history lesson about the origin of pop culture art at its finest.

For more information about the exhibit, click here.

2