Lost presents new mysteries

Allie Perison
Editor in Chief

Last night’s episode of Lost made one thing clear to me: regardless of which story line is reality, the passengers of flight 815 will be tied to each other in some way or another.

It should come as no surprised that last night’s episode “What Kate Does” was all about Kate. After reading a few fan websites, I learned that the episode title was a play off of an older episode entitled “What Kate Did” that focused on telling the story how Kate tried to murder her father and now was a fugitive.

When Kate left the island last season and took Aaron as her own, she felt a huge responsibility and tie to Claire. Kate even returned to the island in an effort to find Claire and bring her back to Aaron.

In this new episode, it shows that regardless of whether the hydrogen bomb worked or didn’t, Kate and Claire were meant meet and have a relationship that includes Aaron.

What does it all mean? Are Claire and Kate meant to influence each other? Is there some kind of force pushing them together regardless of what happens? Is it Jacob?

The answers I don’t know, yet I feel that I actually might find out. Another note worthy scene was when Kate and Jack made eye contact and it felt like maybe they felt some kind of connecting force.

Time can only tell what next weeks episode of Lost will hold. Maybe we can get some answers fellow fans and finally put our wondering minds to rest about what exactly is going on.