Lost starts in final season

Allie Perison
Editor in Chief

This Tuesday, Lost came back with the first episode of its final season. If you read my last blog, you are well aware of my mixed feelings about the show.

As I sat down to watch on Tuesday, I was expecting somewhat of a letdown. I feel like I have been in a troubled six year relationship with Lost. The kind where I think it is cheating on me and am suspicious of its every move. A little drastic? Maybe. True? Definitely.

I am not ashamed of my inconsistent relationship with Lost. I still have hope that maybe it will end with the same bang it came in with. After watching an interview with the creators of Lost on Nightline, I really believe that they may have something great to end it.

ABC started off with an hour long recap of everything that had happened in past seasons. I have to say, I am very thankful they did this because it not only reminded me of things I didn’t remember, but actually answered a few of my questions. The hour was filled with simplicity, something I wish could transfer into the actual series.

The series kicked off with a two hour premiere, which honestly, I felt dragged on a little bit. As usual, we are presented with a new set questions and characters without explanation of the old ones. Two conflicting story lines are going on, forcing you to doubt which one is reality.

I have to say, I was very conflicted on which one I wanted to be real. Since I am so attached to all of the characters and have watched them grow on the island, it is hard for me to be fine with none of it happening.

As frustrated as I am with the show, I will inevitably keep watching, and keep criticizing where it is due.

1