Brown Bear story book banned

Paige Wilson

The sweet story book Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr. that millions of kids across the world grew up reading was recently put on the banned books list. Why you might ask?

When officials had came across a book by Bill Martin called Ethical Marxism: The Categorical Imperative of Liberation published in 2008. Officials rushed to place loveable Brown Bear on the list. What board members didn’t realize was that there are two authors named Bill Martin.

Who would of thought that to people could be named Bill Martin. Unfortunately Bill Martin Jr. passed away in 2004 and wasn’t able to defend himself.

The only political book Bill Martin Jr. could have been blamed for writing was a book teaching kids how to say the pledge of Allegiance. He is just a mad man on the loose.

It is sad to think that the people who control what we can and can’t read don’t know the difference between to authors. The board of members are in the middle of revising the list.

Soon the sweet Brown bear that was used to teach chidren colors will make it back into libraries.

To read more on the story go to:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/texassouthwest/stories/DN-books_25tex.ART.State.Edition1.4ba2046.html