Lewisville’s best kept secret

By Loren Hughes

Lewisville doesn’t quite ring a bell as one of the most entertaining and exciting cities in Dallas, so what exactly is Lewisville’s best kept secret? The Cinemark dollar theater.

Many students know about the Cinemark dollar theater, but very few take advantage of it. After seeing almost five movies there in the past two weeks, I realized the other day how much of my time I spend at the dollar theater — but yet I spend no more than 5 dollars.

A few years ago, before movies cost an outrageous amount of money to get into, my friends and I never really thought twice about the dollar theater. The dollar theater is still Lewisville’s best kept secret, despite the outrageous movie prices, because students still don’t really think twice about it. But really, they should. Paying $10 dollars for a movie ticket seems so unnecessary upon going to the dollar theater and seeing a fairly new movie there for the price of only one dollar.

Now, I know most students also think that the dollar theater might not be worth it because of the fact that the movies aren’t new — but really, they aren’t that old. The other day, I saw The Men who Stare at Goats, which came out on Nov. 6 and Where the Wild Things Are which came out Oct. 16. When I see a new movie advertised that I may want to see, I just think about how it will be in the dollar theater in a few weeks, for the same quality and a much cheaper price.

So for those of you who love to see movies, but the price of Vista Ridge’s Cinemark theater and Grapevine AMC scare you away from seeing all the ones you want, then check out of the dollar theater. A different movie comes out each Friday, and for movie times, click here.