Momsen strays away from Gossip Girl persona

Allie Perison
Editor in Chief

To be honest, I am more than a little embarrassed to express my new obsession with Taylor Momsen. I am aware that when I actually say this out loud it probably makes you think that I get Gossip Girl text messages sent to my phone so I can have constant updates on the lives of the Upper Eastsiders.

I can assure you I don’t, but I will honestly admit I do watch the show. A guilty pleasure I cannot deny.  It is not Momsen’s role on Gossip Girl that has spurred my recent fascination though. In fact, her role as little Jenny Humphrey sort of takes away from her charm.

Recently, my best friend Angela told me about Momsen’s band, The Pretty Reckless, and sent me a link to get my thoughts. I went in thinking we were going to have The CW’s version of Miley Cyrus, but was pleasantly surprised with what I found.

You may remember Momsen from her days in The Grinch, but much has changed since then. If her music isn’t enough to convince you of her hardcore image, then her makeup and style surely will.

Through further research, I found that Momsen writes her own music and plays guitar in her band which has a sort of rock n’ roll feel. After watching countless interviews, it seems her main goal is to express herself no matter how much it shocks her fans.

After seeing her on NYLON TV, a site I would trust with my life, I was even further convinced that she was far more intense than her Gossip Girl character.

1