The Shins begin to wrap up tour with Dallas performance

The Shins rock out at the House of Blues this Thursday. Photo by Jordan Bickham.

By Jordan Bickham

This Thursday night, the indie rock band The Shins is arriving to Dallas to play at the House of Blues for one of the last concert for the tour of their most recent album.

While the band is not well-known, some of their most popular songs are Australia and Phantom Limb from their Wincing the Night Away album as well as New Slang from their earlier album Oh, Inverted World.  Right now the band is on their tour for Port of Morrow, their most recent album that came out March 20 of this year.

Port of Morrow includes ten tracks, including their popular single, Simple Song, that was released earlier on Jan. 9

Along with The Shins on their tour is another popular indie rock band, White Rabbits, who have also released a new album recently.  Their newest album, Milk Famous, was released March 6 of this year.  White Rabbits are considered somewhat similar to The Shins, they still maintain their own, unique sound.

The Shins have received many positive reviews not only for their studio albums, but also for their live performances.  Although this concert is sold out, The Shins will most likely be returning to Dallas within the next few years with the release of  their future albums.

1