Brisco finds “Eastwick” bewitching

This week I was lucky enough to stumble upon a new and wonderful show. I’d seen the previews for this show at the end and thought that it sounded stupid, so I dismissed it. For some reason when I saw the trailer again just the other day I was amazed.

The show is called “Eastwick”. It is set in a small town in New England called Eastwick and it is about three women who have all had their fair share of struggles in their lives. One day they meet as they are tossing coins into a fountain, and they soon are inseparable. After that day at the fountain, something changes – they each have a new special power.

Kat, a woman who got pregnant in high school and is now married to the lazy, rude man who impregnated her five times, is able to control elements around her.

Roxie, a single mother of a teenager whose husband died a few years ago, beings having prophetic dreams where she can see moments in the future.

Joanna, a successful journalist who was left at the alter by the love of her life, can make men do whatever they want by the tone of her voice.

The show is based off of a the movie “The Witches of Eastwick” which is based off if John Updike’s novel by the same name.

The show may sound kind of cheesy or silly, but it isn’t. It is exciting, original and has great comedic timing.

To date, there have only been four episodes. They are all on hulu.com. I encourage you to check them out, because if you give them a chance, you will definitely find them.. bewitching.

http://www.hulu.com/search?query=Eastwick&st=0