Songs for the Season

Dyer Whitt

It wasn’t even December 1st when Michael Buble’s “Christmas” album was featured as #1 on the billboard top 200 albums. The rank has put the Grammy winning Canadian in the season’s spirit.

“I feel like Christmas has come early for me…I’m really proud of this record so this is icing on the fruitcake. Thank you America and Happy Holidays,” Buble commented after his achievement.

The album puts a new pop twist on popular oldies like, “Santa Baby,” “Feliz Navidad,” and “Jingle Bells.” The solid list of songs proves as a must have for not just Christmas music lovers, but also pop in general.

Buble’s cover of Mariah Carrey’s “All I Want For Christmas Is You” is without a doubt the most standout track from the album. The intense pop styling and contemporary keyboard melody make it different from your normal holiday jams.

In addition, Buble’s album features a multitude of selected artists such as the Puppini Sisters, Shania Twain, and finally latin star Thalia.

It’s officially December and officially time to get in the Christmas spirit. Be sure to check out this must have album for the holidays.