• Coppell ISD is closed for spring break. Coppell Student Media publishing resumes March 18.

The Paradigm entertains at White Rock Marathon

Jordan Bickham

The popular, but difficult, 26.2 mile White Rock Marathon is not only about the actual running, but also about the entertainment along the trail.

This Sunday, the White Rock Marathon will occur throughout Dallas, and so will the music being played at various stops along the marathon course.  Some bands playing include the Sonar Light’s Band, The Coppertones, The Marathon Band and many more which you can check out on the marathon’s website.

While you might not recognize any of those bands, you might be able to recognize a local band playing at the final mile of the relay, The Paradigm.

The band has been acknowledged for its gigs at Relay for Life, Coffeehouse and at Dad’s Venue, but they will be starting the year this Sunday in Dallas.

The band will consist of lead guitarist and bassist Jackson Webster, drummer Blake Varnell, lead singer Kenzie Hitz and temporary member, guitarist and bassist Sam Fillingim. This is a slight departure from their original line-up

Although the band has been altered slightly, their sound will be just as great as before with covers of songs such as Young the Giant’s I Got, Tokyo Police Club’s Breakneck Speed and many more.

You can learn more about the band and hear more of their original music on their MySpace page.

Even if you do not participate in running the marathon, come this Sunday to support The Paradigm and to hear some great music!