New movies in theaters near you

By Annie Wen

The weekend is always the best part of the week. Time to relax, hang out with friends, and possibly see a movie. This week 3 new movies will be released on Friday November 11: Immortals starring Henry Cavill, Freida Pinto, and Mickey; J. Edgar starring Leonardo DiCaprio; and Jack and Jill starring Adam Sandler.

Immortals is a 3D fantasy adventure film. Set in the time of the Greek Gods the movie follows the battle between the King Hyperion (Mickey Rourke) and humanity. The film also stars Henry Cavill as the main protagonist Theseus and Freida Pinto, best known from Slumdog Millionaire, as Phaedra.

J. Edgar is a biographical drama film focused on the career of FBI director J. Edgar Hoover. The film stars Leonardo DiCaprio as Hoover. Other stars include Armie Hammer, Naomi Watts, Damon Herriman, Jeffrey Donovan, and Ed Westwick, who is best known as Chuck on Gossip Girl. The film had a limited release on November 9 but will be widely released tomorrow.

Jack and Jill is a comedy film starring Adam Sandler as both Jack and Jill. The film is about the troubles than ensue for Jack when his needy and passive-aggressive twin sister Jill comes to visit for Thanksgiving. The film also stars Katie Holmes as Jack’s wife Erin. Since Thanksgiving break is about a week away this film is perfect for the season.

For theater times and tickets click here.