Duff and Banks save Gossip Girl from sinking

Finally, Gossip Girl brings its A-game. After a rather disapointing season opener, the show was able to deliver a solid piece with the help of new cast members Hillary Duff and Tyra Banks.

"I'm not a player. I'm going to get a tattoo that reads, 'I heart romance.' I saw it on a bathroom wall in a bar. I'm the last of the romantics, so it's perfect for me." - Ed Westwick ("Gossip Girl"), on how he's different from his womanizing character, in People magazine. (Rob Kim/Landov/MCT)

Duff played a famous actress who came to NYU to have a normal college experince. However, she was getting the exact opposite from everyone except good old clueless Dan, who is unaware of Duff’s stardom and sparks a relationship. He never finds out about Duff’s true character until the premire of her new movie.

Blair couldn’t let go of high school and went back to stop Jenny from ruining her “legacy”. When Chuck stopped her from returning to old ways, she found her new position at NYU. She is determine to reestablish her control by finding her new miny me’s to help instigate her control.

Little J, however, is ditiching her plans to eliminate control at the end of the episode. Could she be the new Queen B?

Serena finally confronted Lily about her plans to defer from Brown, which sparks the idea for a job. She gets a job with a plublicity company which brings Banks into the picture. Serena’s new boss puts her in charge of Banks who co- stars  with Duff in her new movie. In the end, Serena refuses to follows her boss’s orders and does the right thing and gets fire. The whole conflict was quite boring.

The final mysterious ending was with the runaway Scott who is having strange meetings with Gorgina. What is to come of that?

Scenes showed that there would possibly be a return of Scottt to tell Rufus and Lily his true idenity at their wedding.

For more spoilers cheak out gossipgirlinsider.com