Hunger Games costars announced

Rebecca Neumann
Entertainment Editor

Today, it was announced that the two male costars for movie adaptation of The Hunger Games had been cast. Josh Hutcherson is set to play the kind-hearted Peeta, while Liam Hemsworth will portray the tough Gale.

Unfortunately, not everyone is happy with the casting decisions. Hunter Parrish was a fan favorite for the role of Peeta, though many also favored Hutcherson. Hemsworth will provide all of the brawn needed to play hunky Gale, but he lack the dark looks. In fact, neither actors resemble the characters they are playing. Peeta is described as having sandy blonde hair, something the Games producers are saying can be easily fixed with hair dye.

Hopefully, the casting directors know what they’re doing. Either way, not everyone was going to be pleased by this decision. Luckily though, both actors have proven they are gifted and can draw crowds, and if he was cast, then Hutcherson probably has great chemistry with his costar Jennifer Lawrence. And if that’s true, then soon, no one will be complaining anymore.