Warm weather ushers new fun in February

Ashley Attanucci
Web Manager

The sun is shining and Mother Nature is giving us one enough of a reason to be happy. Driving with windows down, more frequent dog walks and studying outdoors are all signs for a great season.

As the most memorable events of the season are passing -New Year’s, Valentine’s Day, Coppell’s infamous Snowpocalypse- new opportunities for good times are arising.

This February, keep  yourself occupied in Dallas with music:

See the Sidewalk Prophets, Newsboys and David Crowder Band live at the American Airlines Center this Friday, Feb. 18 at 6:15 p.m. Or see Kem and El Debarge live at the Verizon Theatre (Grand Prairie) at 8 p.m.

Try Glassjaw at the Trees on 2707 Elm St. in Dallas on Saturday, or Pretty Reckless and the Broken Social Scene at the House of Blues, or Martina McBride at the Resistol Arena on 1818 Rodeo Drive.

The House of Blues in Dallas will also be hosting the one and only Ice Cube on Tuesday night, March 1 at 7 p.m.

Keep in touch with nature:

Visit the Farmer’s Market next Saturday in Old Coppell at the intersection of Bethel and Coppell Road to browse or shop for some wholesome and locally produced goods.

Enjoy a nature walk at the vast, 66-acre Coppell Nature Park to bask in the habitat of coyotes, bobcats, butterflies, birds, deer and more.

Check up on the wind speeds throughout the week and fly a kite at Andy Brown with friends and family.