Gossip Girl fails to excite

Paige Wilson

This week Gossip Girl failed to deliver its usual jaw dropping excitment. In fact this season’s ratings are falling from previous ones. Everything seems to be repeating and things that are supose to deliver are falling flat. This week we saw Gorgenia and Dan “hook up”. In Dan’s eyes it is nothing serious while Gorgenia is going into crazy stalker mode. It is just a repeat from the ending of season one.  Instead of stalking Dan and ruining Serena’s life she is stalking Dan and ruining Blair’s life.

Scott chose to tell Rufus he was his son’s brother instead of telling him that he really is his son. Then he just vanishes back to Massachussetts, leaving Vanessa helpless with the choice to tell Rufus the truth or stay loyal to Scott who she loves. Why does he have to make it so complicated? Just tell Rufus the truth. However, Gorgenia is up to her next scheme since she knows the truth because they left the door open! Why would you leave the door open during such a seriouis disscussion?

Blair and Chuck’s releshonship has long been awaited and now that it has arrived I can’t help but thinking that it is quite werid. They definetly have a diffrent type of releshonship but the things that come out of Chucks mouth I am just not use to. At the end of the episode after Chuck takes all his money out of Bass Industries to open the hotel he says it is possible because Blair believes in me. That completely creeps me out.

Serena and Carter’s releshonship is the only one I have not defined my feelings about. I am excited to be done with Dan and Serena but all their fights and drama are so petty.

This episode showed that the only reason Nate is on the show is to hook up with girls. In every scene he was in all you saw was his tounge down Bree’s throat.

However Bree was the only one to bring something to the table last night. The conversation she had with Carter was about notifying her father that he was back in town and that if he tried to run again that daddy liked the hunt.

The only thing I can hope for is that the guest appearences of Hillary Duff and Tyra Banks on next weeks show will help boost the show and saving it from crashing and burning.