Anne Hathaway to play Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises

Actress Anne Hathaway arrives on the red carpet for the 68th annual Golden Globe awards. The actress has been cast as Catwoman in the upcoming "The Dark Knight Rising". Photo: Valerie Macon.

Ashleigh Heaton
Editor-in-Chief

Well…didn’t see that one coming.

Not that I’m unhappy about Nolan’s decision to put Anne Hathaway in the role of Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises, which was announced earlier today – actually, I think it’s a great casting choice. I was just hoping Nolan would pick a different villian to feature in his final installment of his Batman re-vamp, like Harley Quinn or the Riddler, who I think have more room for dimensional character development.

Nolan also confirmed that Tom Hardy (who appeared in Nolan’s Inception this summer) has been cast to play Bane, the other villain of the movie. It’s another repeat, which is disappointing, but hopefully the charater won’t be made out to be the cartoon it was in Batman Forever.

But enough about me – what do you think? Will Hathaway and Hardy do well in their roles? Excited for the film? Other characters you want to see featured? Let me know in the comments!

2