• On Tuesday, Coppell Arts Center hosts State of Education organized by the Coppell Chamber of Commerce from 8:30-10 a.m.
  • On Wednesday, Coppell Arts Center hosts May Paint & Sip: Hummingbird at 6 p.m.
  • On Saturday, Town Center Plaza hosts Celebrate Cozby Library from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.

An ode to The Sidekick’s seniors: Sameeha Syed

Maddy Park
As the year comes to a close, The Sidekick celebrates its seniors leaving the program. Staff designer Nrithya Mahesh expresses her gratitude for social media manager Sameeha Syed’s friendship. Photo by Maddy Park.

I don’t have many senior friends; in fact, I find it hard to speak to people older than me in general.

I usually find myself conscious about the way my words fall into space and whether or not I’m rambling, but it is different with Coppell High School senior social media manager Sameeha Syed.

The first thing I noticed about Sameeha was her impeccable fashion. Her nails were manicured in a deep purple shade and her hair was done in a deliberate manner to complement her outfit. Yes, I looked at her incredibly aesthetic Instagram page. It took until the next year for us to properly meet.

When I found out Sameeha was going to be in my AP Precalculus class this year, I grew excited to get to know the girl I had always wanted to talk to. Thankfully, she was just as sweet as I expected her to be.

Our conversations flowed without a hitch and I felt for not one second that my words were unheard, even when all that we were talking about was AP Macroeconomics graphs.

Sameeha is incredibly reliable and trustworthy, seeming like an older sister at times. At the same time, she is so youthful and enjoyable to hang out with, solving New York Times puzzles with me in math and getting frustrated when the answers are utterly random (Seriously, tithe? Who uses that word?)

From ranting about uncanny Connections clues to listening to beabadoobee while driving to Coppell High School from CHS9, Sameeha’s pure joy is sprinkled through the memories I will look back at lovingly. No matter where she goes or what job she ends up at, Sameeha will continue to shimmer and scatter light on everyone’s lives.

Follow @CHSCampusNews on X.

1