• On Tuesday, Coppell Arts Center hosts State of Education organized by the Coppell Chamber of Commerce from 8:30-10 a.m.
  • On Wednesday, Coppell Arts Center hosts May Paint & Sip: Hummingbird at 6 p.m.
  • On Saturday, Town Center Plaza hosts Celebrate Cozby Library from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.

An ode to The Sidekick’s seniors: Avani Munji

Vibha Viswanath
The Sidekick news editor Sahasra Chakilam commends executive design editor Avani Munji for her unwavering resilience. As The Sidekick seniors graduate and head to college, juniors and sophomores express gratitude for their contribution.

It’s the day of the issue deadline in D115.

A tiny yet powerful force is seen pacing around in her blue Crocs (in sports mode, of course), making rounds throughout the room and assisting everyone with their page designs. 

That force is none other than Coppell High School senior and The Sidekick’s executive design editor, Avani Munji. Before this school year, I didn’t know Avani that well, but after sharing the same class period with her this year, I am grateful to say that I know Avani.

Avani and I sit right across from each other, our faces divided by desktops. However, whenever I have a question, all it takes is for me to say “Avani!” and she’s up from her seat, walking over to help me. 

That’s what I admire about Avani – she’s always there for you, regardless of the obstacle.

And Avani gets asked a lot of questions – being the executive design editor, she is tasked with assisting all design inquiries and leading our program. However, Avani handles it all with the utmost patience and grace.

Her resilience is evident in her work. Every page one and centerspread of The Sidekick Volume 35 is a testament to her dedication. She pours tremendous effort and attention to detail into each issue, exemplifying unwavering dedication.

Avani, the day we worked together to take photos on the bus for Issue 5 will be a memory forever etched in my mind. Despite the pouring rain, you seized every opportunity at every stoplight to capture the perfect front cover photo; your commitment is commendable.

As you head off to college, I want to carry a piece of your determination and grace with me, because it has taught me so much. Thank you, Avani, for everything you do, and a big thank you for every “Got You Covered” graphic, even when it was the last thing you wanted to do.

Follow @CHSCampusNews and @sahasrachak24 on X.