Seniors look for memories against Hawks on Senior Night

Rhea Chowdhary
Coppell freshman guard Tre Watson drives against Flower Mound junior shooting guard Evan Leyman on Friday. Coppell plays Hebron on Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. at CHS Arena.

Hebron comes to town to take on the Coppell boys basketball at CHS Arena on Tuesday at 7:30 PM. 

Coming off a 25-point victory against Flower Mound, Coppell remains in District 6-6A playoff contention. 

“We are not in the strongest position right now,” Coppell coach Clint Schnell said. “However, we have a mathematical shot of making the playoffs, and I want these seniors to have the senior night of their life against Hebron.”            

Schnell is focusing on forcing tough shots on the defensive side as well as offensive play execution.

“I want to see more energy and force on the defensive side,” Schnell said. ” Obviously, on the offensive side, I want to see rotations and the ball stay in our hands.”

For the seniors especially, Schnell wants them to remember the next five games forever.

“Obviously they have to work for it,” Schnell said. “But with the shot that we have to get to the playoffs, we need our seniors to step up and deliver.”

Currently sixth in the district, Coppell is looking to defeat Hebron, who is in third. 

“Losing very few games, Hebron is a good squad,” Schnell said. “However, we have to go in with the mindset that we will win, and that’s what our seniors and our team will do.”

Follow @CHSCampusNews on X.