Coppell puts on offensive, defensive show in 49-0 shutout of Hebron

Ainsley Dwyer
Coppell quarterback junior Edward Griffin carries for a first down in the first quarter against Hebron at Brian Brazil Stadium on Friday. The Cowboys defeated the Hawks, 49-0. Ainsley Dwyer.
Coppell junior quarterback Edward Griffin celebrates as Coppell senior wide receiver Baron Tipton receives a touchdown against Hebron at Brian Brazil Stadium on Friday. The Cowboys defeated the Hawks, 49-0. Ainsley Dwyer. (Ainsley Dwyer)

CARROLLTON – It is a crisp October evening. The stands are filled with cheering fans and with this being Hebron’s homecoming game, the school spirit is at a high. As the sun begins to set the ball is kicked off marking the start of a dominating game by the Cowboys.

The Coppell football team beat Hebron, 49-0, at Brian Brazil Stadium on Friday night. Coppell improves to 8-0 overall and 5-0 in District 6-6A, while Hebron is now 4-4. Coppell has two games remaining in the regular season and have clinched a spot in the playoffs.

Fans cheered at the start of the game as they saw the familiar No. 14, Coppell junior quarterback Edward Griffin run out onto the field after last week’s injury to his face left him sidelined.

“I went to the doctor four times and I put a visor protector on but nothing special to get back,” Griffin said.

The first quarter was a big one for the Cowboys with senior running back Xavier Mosley, senior wide receiver Baron Tipton and senior wide receiver Luca Grosoli scoring the first four touchdowns of the game. 

Coppell senior wide receiver Baron Tipton catches a pass from junior quarterback Edward Griffin to set up first and goal against Hebron at Brian Brazil Stadium on Friday. The Cowboys defeated the Hawks, 49-0. Ainsley Dwyer. (Ainsley Dwyer)

“It was a good team win,” Griffin said. “Probably not the most polished game, we came out strong and then faded off so not a great second quarter but defense played great and got a shutout, we will just keep on progressing.”

Coppell plays Flower Mound at Buddy Echols Field on Friday at 7 p.m.

Follow Nyah (@nyah_rama) and @CHSCampusNews on X.