The problem with radio

Emma Hair
Staff  Writer

When I was younger I would listen to the radio practically non-stop. My favorite radio station was “Radio Disney” and my parents probably got sick of hearing “The Hamster Dance” and various other tunes blasting from my dated, purple radio. Now-a-day I hardly ever listen to the radio outside of the car when it can’t be escaped. It’s actually not that surprising that I don’t listen to the radio anymore though; I mean between Youtube and my iTouch I have all my favorite songs whenever I want.

There is another reason why I try my best to avoid the radio though… And that would be because you only ever hear the same songs. For example, I was in the car with my siter the other day and we were listening to Kiss FM, which plays the popular songs of the moment, and I swear we must have heard the same three songs over, and over, and over. It was a never-ending cycle of “Break Your Heart”, “California Girls”, and “Your Love is My Drug”… Of course, there were a few other songs thrown into the mix, but the same setlist was repeated for the entire car ride. Now while most of those songs aren’t really good, I don’t mind some of them… Except for when I hear it no less than twenty times within an hour on the same radio station. That is just ridiculous; there are SO many other decent songs out, but yet stations these days don’t seem to want to play them. I just don’t get it… After hearing “California Girls” for that many times I didn’t want to hear the song ever again.

So my problem with radio? Majority of the stations out there ruin songs that I once enjoyed listening to. This is why I will be making many CDs in the near future to play in the car as an alternative to the radio.