Lollapalooza lineup announced

The 2010 lineup for Lollapalooza was announced today and I’m almost as excited as I was when the Coachella lineup was announced. The only reason why my excitement for this surpasses Coachella is for a very distinct reason… The Strokes are going to be there.

It has been 4 very long years since they put out an album, and have been working on a follow up since early February with the album scheduled for a September release. The last time Strokes played together as a band was in 2006 and have been scheduled to headline other festivals this year.

Back to Lolla though, other big name artists will be headlining as well such as Lady Gaga, Arcade Fire, Green Day and Phoenix with smaller artists like Grizzly Bear, Cut Copy, MGMT and many more.

The festival is held at Grant Park in Chicago and starts on August 6th and ends on the 8th. Tickets are on sale now with prices ranging from $215 for normal, 3 day passes to a three-night VIP travel package for to costing a whopping $2499.

For more information on the festival, check out Lolla’s site.

1