Oak Fest set to celebrate diversity, good times with family

By Gabby Sahm

@gabbysahm

Imagine a place where the people of Coppell can come together, and celebrate the life and diversity that the town has to offer, while also enjoying some great fall food and festivities.

Well there is no need to imagine, because Oak Fest is once again returning to Coppell.

On Saturday, Oak Fest will be held at the Andy Brown Park East from 5-9 p.m. The festival celebrates the roots of Coppell, the variety of different people who live here and the growing strength that Coppell always seems to have.  

Oak Fest is free admission and will be offering free train rides, a zip line, face painting and miniature golf. It will also have an assortment of food that will please even the pickiest of eaters and fun crafts and trinkets that you can buy from the vendors. 

There will also be a variety of entertainment such as local bands and children’s shows like Professor Brainius, who performed his science show last year.

To read more about Oakfest, or see what other events the City of Coppell is to have, click here.

https://youtu.be/LCG4d4u3iYg

I asked someone who I knew was going to Oak Fest what they were looking forward to at the festival this year.