Annual Lariette Spaghetti Dinner to kick off prior to first home football game

By Sloane Samberson
Managing Editor
@SloaneSamberson

The time for Friday night lights and the fringe has come again, and that does not only mean football games and halftime shows.

On Friday, Sept. 4, prior to the first home football game, is the annual Lariette Spaghetti Dinner from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the Coppell High School Cafeteria. Coppell hosts McKinney Boyd at 7:30 p.m. at Buddy Echols Field.

“We’re excited about getting to use the new cafeteria and remodeled kitchen area, it will really help with crowd control,” Lariette director Julie Stralow said. “Being able to have guests get their food from the kitchen, instead of having to hang out in the dining area, will help with overall comfort.”

For the 22nd year, food will be catered by the award-winning Bistecca Italian Steakhouse, courtesy of Chef Morris Salerno.

“Morris has always been a donor of the spaghetti and work,” Stralow said. “His employees help cook the spaghetti and the sauce that night. We appreciate his loyalty. He always does such a great job and knows exactly what to expect when he works with us, and vice versa.”

Along with the dinner is a silent auction and raffle. There will be hundreds of silent auction items to bid on, including: a 40″ LED HD Smart TV, GoPro Hero 3, sports tickets and memorabilia, a Fitbit watch and Kendra Scott jewelry.

To purchase your dinner and raffle tickets, get in contact with a Lariette. Dinner tickets are $10 per adult and $5 per child, and raffle tickets cost $1 and $5.

“All girls are selling tickets until Monday,” senior Lariette captain Linda Castronova said. “The best way to get a ticket is by texting a Lariette. If you don’t know a Lariette, stop by Mrs. Stralow’s office and she will get you in contact with one.”