My Onesie and Me

By Angela Almeida
Opinions Editor

I am a changed person. With comfort exceeding mankind’s expectations and swagger far past anything lil wayne could coin, the onesie is the new black.

For those of you unfamiliar with what a onesie is, take what you wore as a baby and put it in adult-size form. From camo shades to hello kitty print, onesies stylishly revert you back to your childhood, to a place you never want to grow or get out of.

My adoration for the adult onesie came one day while I was purusing for school supplies at Target. Out of the corner of my eye I see a gleaming, juvenile jumpsuit-esque pink onesie, I had to purchase it. Now, an average size teen can fit into large children’s size, or if you want maximum space and comfort, there are onesies customized for adults.

The prices range from $15.99 to $30.00 (believe me, a small price to pay for the use you will get out of it). Furthermore, I’ve even been paid back at places like Starbucks and Family Video with free stuff for merely wearing it in public. So, hey, a little monetary incentive? A little payback here and there is more than most pj’s offer.

Down below is an example of a large onesie sold at Target:

Overall, onesies have pretty much made my holiday season (not to mention I believe there are two more waiting for me under the tree). For anyone interested in a warm, heaven-like comfort, INVEST. You will not regret it. Until then, it will just be my onesie and me, conquering the world one inner-child at a time.

To see more about purchasing adult onesies visit: http://www.target.com/Nick-Nora-Footie-Pajamas-Monkey/dp/B000Q7EUYY