Horror author Darren Shan to visit CHS

By Thomas Hair
Opinions Editor

Darren Shan, one of the premier horror and fantasy fiction writers of the 21st century, is scheduled to visit Coppell High School tomorrow – Wednesday, January 30. He will be giving a presentation in the Lecture Hall for about an hour starting during 4th period and ending during 5th period. To attend, you must sign-up in advance in the Library because seating is limited.

Shan is most well known for The Saga of Darren Shan, also known as the Cirque Du Freak series. This series tells the tragic tale of a teenage boy who becomes entangled in the terrifying and immersive world of the vampires. This 12-book saga is no Twilight. These vampires are not “handsome”, they are dark and deadly creatures part of hidden worlds far beyond mankind’s perception. A film adaptation of the first book was released in 2009 starring John C. Reilly and Willem Dafoe. Shan is also the author of the ten-book series The Demonata and his new series Zom-B, which will consist of twelve books.

His presentation will center around his life, his writing and his new series. He will be available to answer questions and sign books after his presentation.