Glee comes back stronger than ever

Paige Wilson

After a few week break Glee finally returned. The show has sky rocketed to stardom in a matter of episodes and became an immediate hit with both young and old. However previous episodes have only been about high school sterotypes. This episode took a completely different aproach that touched millions, student disabilities and critisism.

In this episode we finally saw how critisim can get the best of people and destroy them. The audience has been aware of Kurt’s sexuality for sometime but we finally see how the critisim Kurt faces everyday affects their family. It brought true emotion to the show for the first time.

In this episode we finally are introduced to Ardie the one glee club member who is paralyzed. Will gives the Glee club a new assignment. They had to spend three hours a day in a wheel chair. This new job brings out frustration in the cast while doing everyday activities, proving to be quite affective.

The next was Sue. With Quinn being kicked off the “Cheerios”, Sue is told she must hold open auditions to fill her spot in the whole spirt of opening doors to people. At the tryouts a series of weird contestants came but one girl caught the attention of Sue, she was a mentally handicap student. Of course the worst was expected of Sue. She was going to work the girl so hard and have her quit or one of her many other deveilish plans. However nothing ever came. There were no schemes or plans and then you saw why Sue had such and understanding passion for her. Sue had a handicap sister.

The whole episode closed with an amazing wheel chair number to Tina Turner’s legendary hit Proud Mary that showed spectacular technique and what a wide variety of things the cast brings to the table.

The plot could be seen a cheesy to some but, it sends a message either way to viewers. The show proved they were more than just pregnant cheerleaders and dumb football players and making fun of sterotypes. They are worth keeping an eye on.

To see clips and learn more about the cast visit:

http://www.fox.com/glee/