New Lana Del Rey album puts fans in Paradise

By Stephanie Alexander

New Queen of music Lana Del Rey just released her second album, Paradise, and the Paradise Edition of Born to Die, her debut album.

Lana’s first impression on the public isn’t the best. Her performance on “Saturday Night Live” wasn’t noted as a ‘job well done’. Viewers thought it was joke and that she was drunk, or just not talented. Host of the night, Daniel Radcliffe, defended Del Rey saying that her performance was not at all what people were making it out to be.

Her hushed, mystical voice graces ears with nine new tracks fans have been waiting for since June. In mid-September, Del Rey released her single, Ride, which got fans counting down until Nov 13.

“I’m so excited that Paradise finally came out,” sophomore Mackenzie Ladusau said. “Lana Del Rey is one of my favorites. Her voice is so different from all the other artists. I suggest that everyone goes on iTunes, goes to Best Buy and buy Paradise.”

Paradise consists of similar elements heard from Born to Die, but fans just want more to listen to than “National Anthem” and “Born to Die” on repeat.

The track list for Paradise is a remedy of pop-synthesizer beats, mellow tones, and rhythmic blues, all combined to form the well blended symphony that is Lana del Ray.