Swift’s new album Red tops sales and receives high praise

By: Tuulia Koponen

Six-time Grammy Award winner Taylor Swift released her fourth studio album, Red, on Monday October 22nd and already it is topping sales numbers and receiving widespread critical acclaim.

Over 4.5 million song downloads have been sold on the U.S. iTunes store alone and Red set the record for Day One sales and on pace to exceed the week one sales for Speak Now.

Worldwide the album has reached #1 on iTunes the first day of release in 32 countries including the United Kingdom, Australia, Singapore, Brazil, Canada, Italy, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Vietnam, Denmark, Venezuela, Thailand, and Ireland.

The album has gained impressive widespread critical acclaim, garnering stellar praise from top critics around the globe.

“Taylor Swift is a turbine of artistic ambition and superstar drama, and Red is a 16-song geyser of willful eclecticism. Her self-discovery project is one of the best stories in pop,” Rolling Stone states.

Taylor is also featured on the covers of the current issues of Rolling Stone, Glamour and Billboard magazines.