Listen up for a musical opportunity

By Corrina Taylor

Lately it seems like it is too expensive to have fun, everything costs money and most Saturday nights are spent at home instead of going out. Well during September the lonely Saturday nights can be turned into a night of musical fun. Starting this Saturday the City of Coppell will hold the free annual Plaza Music series. It will take place Saturday night from seven to nine at the Town Center Plaza.

It will include an opportunity for a picnic with the family along with a snow cone vender and free popcorn thanks to the Parks and Recreation Department. Every Saturday night will showcase a different band. On the eighth Me and My Monkey, a Beatles tribute band will be playing. The following week Petty Theft, a Tom Petty tribute band will perform. On the 22nd Heath Webb will be playing an assortment of country songs. And lastly Moving Colorson will wrap up playing present-day hits.

Be sure to come on down one of these nights to enjoy a wide variety of music, for more information about the Plaza Music Series you can reach the Parks and Recreation Department at 972-462-5100.