Graveyard Tourism: A New Phenomenon

By Angela Almeida                                                                                                                  Opinions Editor

In search of the deceased this Halloween weekend? Jim Tipton might just be your answer.

Tipton, founder of Find a Grave, an online database which tells you the grave sites for your favorite stars, is becoming a legend. A new idea has even derived out of the success of his website dubbed “Graveyard Tourism”, where individuals scower the globe in search of tombstones of the timeless.

On Find a Grave, one is able to search in the “Claim to Fame” category for actors, actresses and athletes alike. I searched “Michael Jackson” to see where he lays six feet under. According to Find a Grave, he is resting in the Great Mausoleum in Glendale, California. Unfortunately, the mausoleum is private and prohibits the general public, however it was defiantly interesting to know.

Needless to say, perhaps one should consider celebrating the afterlife in order to experience more wonders in this life.

Join the Graveyard Tourism phenonmenon now:

http://www.findagrave.com/index.html