It is time to stop and appreciate technology

Coleman Armes

Earlier today someone said that the original iPhone was being handed out for free by some phone companies. If that is true or not it does not matter but it sure made me think and appreciate the technology that we have.

Think back to 2007 when the first iPhone came out and everyone thought it was a huge deal with the touch screen, apps, iPod, actual phone, and so many other things put together into one device.

Today with the recent release of the iPhone 4s, the original iPhone looks like just another old phone. This is all in the span of 4 years!

New technology is coming out so fast it is hard to keep up with and I think it can be a great problem to have if treated right. We have so many more advantages today not just compared to our parents but to our older siblings as well.

We have the blessing of having Mac computers, iTouches, and smartboards in the classroom and all of it can benefit us and help us learn from more resources faster than ever before.

So we should all stop to appreciate what we have and think, “How far will technology be ahead of us in the next four years?”

If interested in learning more about the future of technology click here.