Kicking off Homecoming with a great parade

Jordan Bickham

Homecoming week is always an exciting part of the year, getting the community ready for the upcoming school year.  Most students enjoy almost every aspect of it, the football game, the dance, the mums and garters.  But what kicks everything off?  The homecoming parade.

Varying from previous years, the homecoming parade was on Monday, Sept. 19 of homecoming week instead of the Thursday before the game.  This caused a bit of confusion, since most couples trade garter and mums after the parade before Friday, but the parade was still a hit.

Floats varied in size, color, and theme depending on the people riding it.  There were floats overflowing with football players, and others with elementary students playing in their school marimba band.  The uniqueness of each float kept the parade interesting and entertaining to the crowd.

The parade began at the Verizon Center at 6:30 tonight and ran all the way to Coppell High School’s student parking lot.  The parade was not terribly long, but was a good length to keep the crowd entertained, definitely a great way to kick off the week.

Citizens from all over Coppell came out to support their favorite groups in the parade such as the High School’s tennis team, football team, band, and other activities.  The parade is a great way to show your support and get into the spirit of homecoming.

Whether you are participating in homecoming this week, you can still have a great time at the parade.  Good job to those who created the wonderful floats and thank you to everyone who came out to support the community!