Have the best snacks at your Super Bowl party

Abby Drake

Super Bowl Sunday is day that is celebrated across the country and the key to hosting a great party is having the rights snacks. I have compiled a list of delicious treats that will tame the hunger of many football fans.

Sausage and Cheese Pinwheels, a recipe by Kate Miller, is a mixture of shredded sausage and melted cheddar cheese wrapped and baked into a moist biscuit. The snack holds about 300 calories but the taste is worth the sacrifice.

Aside from queso and salsa a great dip to serve at your party is Cate O’Malley’s Buffalo Chicken Dip. The dip includes cream cheese, cooked chicken, buffalo wing sauce, mozzarella cheese, and blue cheese dressing.  It’s the perfect thing to add to your pita bread or corn chips.

To break away from all the salty items serve a wacky dessert. Anna Ginsberg’s Frito candy mixes pretzels, Fritos, peanut butter cups, and chocolate chips into a delicious salty and sweet candy bar.

Most of these recipes pack a lot of calories but Super bowl Sunday is a day to worry about your team and not your weight.