Baranowski’s passionate pursuit for the performing arts

New+Tech+High+%40+Coppell+sophomore+Piper+Baranowski+performs+in+the+ensemble+of+%E2%80%9CPotion+Notion%E2%80%9D+on+Thursday+during+the+final+dress+rehearsal+of+Coppell+Cowboy+Theatre+Company%E2%80%99s+spring+musical%2C+%E2%80%9C9+to+5%3A+The+Musical.%E2%80%9D+Baranowski%E2%80%99s+love+for+performing+arts+has+inspired+her+to+join+Coppell+High+School%E2%80%99s+Acapella+Choir+and+theater+programs.+
Sameeha Syed
New Tech High @ Coppell sophomore Piper Baranowski performs in the ensemble of “Potion Notion” on Thursday during the final dress rehearsal of Coppell Cowboy Theatre Company’s spring musical, “9 to 5: The Musical.” Baranowski’s love for performing arts has inspired her to join Coppell High School’s Acapella Choir and theater programs.

As New Tech High @ Coppell sophomore Piper Baranowski sings on a wooden stage, the rhythms of her rich voice dance around the room and into the hearts of those in the audience. 

In an imaginative world of the performing arts, Baranowski carries a profound passion in immersing herself in the worlds her art creates. Currently, Baranowski is in Coppell High School’s Acapella choir and varsity production theater.

Her burning love for the performing arts ignited in her childhood. As a child, Baranowski would find herself being enchanted by the Barbie film series, her eyes fixed to the screen in admiration. 

“I would watch Barbie movies, feel inspired and think that I want to do that,” Baranowski said.   

Further into her journey, Baranowski’s love for music was propelled by the influences of her family. Her mother, Colleen Baranowski, was an All-State qualifier in CHS choir, her grandma, Deborah Ronan, a concert pianist and her sister, a pianist. Her musical family always served as muse to her craft. 

New Tech High @ Coppell sophomore Piper Baranowski performs in the ensemble of “9 to 5” on Thursday during the final dress rehearsal of Coppell Cowboy Theatre Company’s spring musical, “9 to 5.” Baranowski’s love for performing arts has inspired her to join Coppell High School’s Acapella Choir and theater programs.

“I don’t think I would be where I am without my mom and my grandma,” Baranowski said. “Music is such a big part of my family and such an important part of my life that I can’t see myself ever not doing it.”

Carrying this early-found passion into her highschool years, when participating in both choir and theater activities, Baranowski goes beyond the bare minimum, putting in more effort than required to reach her goals and help her peers. 

“She really sees the value in teamwork and the fact that our productions as a whole required everyone to pull their own weight and do their own part,” theater teacher Lisa Stucker said. She really puts an effort into making that clear and making it a point to work for the team instead of just for herself.” 

Despite this passion, Baranowski was initially confronted with her fears as she embarked on the rigorous path towards perfection and self-satisfaction.

“There have been times this past couple of years where I’ve cried over the pieces because it can get so difficult,” Baranowski said. “I think the biggest part though, is getting over that anxiety.” 

However, Baranowski gradually gained experience, becoming accustomed to the fast-paced nature of her environment. Through rehearsing everyday, weekly sight reading practices, one-on-one voice lessons and participating in solo competitions, she was able to develop her confidence.

“As time passes by, I can tell that she’s making progress as she also steps up as a leader,” choir director Bona Coogle said. “It’s like a proud director moment just watching her blossom out of her shy self into a more confident singer.”

Rather than succumbing to the challenges of her musical journey, the preparation process for All-State became a pivotal chapter in Baranowski’s journey. 

“I would not be where I am or know half the things about preparing a piece without it,” Baranowski said. “It’s been huge in helping me learn about not only music but about how to improve as a performer, as a person, how to better understand myself and my limits and set goals as to how I can even further improve in the future.” 

With a committed mindset, and countless hours of practice, Baranowski is able to embrace the devotion she feels for the performing arts. 

“Being on that stage is just kind of breathtaking honestly because you’re standing on this stage with 200 other people and then thousands of people start walking in the door, and start sitting down to hear the choir that you’ve worked to be in for almost nine months,” Baranowski said. “I start to think that’s crazy and how it feels rewarding.” 

Harboring a profound love for classical music, Baranowski aspires to pursue her passion for opera in the future. 

“I crave to feel that feeling of this is why I do what I do,” Baranowski said. “This is my art form and that feeling of being a part of something makes me realize, I want to do this with my life.”

Follow @CHSCampusNews on X