Coppell lacrosse easily moves on to State

By Gaby Moran

All-State Junior Midfielder Nate Hruby, 12, takes a shot over three Plano West players.

After a great weekend and being named Regional Champions, Coppell boys lacrosse team is now heading for their chance for a back to back state champions this coming weekend May 8 to May 9.

On May 1, the Cowboys played the Highland Park DII team and easily won 12-2. After being ahead 10-1 in the first half, Cowboys mainly played defense in the second in order to keep a high lead over the Scotts. Goals were made by juniore Trent Dennington, Preston Allison, Tyler Landis and Nate Hruby.

After beating the Scotts, Coppell played Plano West on May 2 for the regional finals. The score was 10-5 with goals made by juniors

Juniors Preston Allison, left, Goalie Conner Yingling, right, and Defenseman Brandon Mullins, back, celebrate after winning the North District II championship against Plano West May 2. .

Dennington, Allison, Landis, Alec Lucas and Senior Hayden Hawk. While the score was not as bad as against the Scotts, the Cowboys guaranteed them a shot to defend their State title in the following weekend of May 8-9.

As of today, location, time and opponents have yet to be determined but semifinals will be played on May 8 in Dallas, Tx. Check this website later in the week for accurate information.