Coppell seniors to be honored on Senior night against Hebron

By Andy Tabor

The Coppell Cowboys Tuesday will be primarily looking for a big district 6-5A victory but also will be concerned with sending their seniors off with one final home game.  Senior’s Zane Feemster, Will Abbott, Parker Hutchins, Quinn Hernandez, and Josh Montgomery will all be honored before the Hebron game.

The Cowboys so far have swept Hebron going 2-0 against the Hawks this year, and to get a season sweep would solidify their positioning in the second seeding of district.  The team wasn’t predicted to be this high in the district standings, but the young Cowboys have played beyond expectations and have the chemistry to go far in the state playoffs.

The Cowboys only returning starter that is a senior is Zane Feemster, so expect Feemster to have a great game in his last game at the baseball Complex at West middle school.  The rest of the seniors should see significant playing time at one point or another in the game, so they can all be expected to have one final moment at the stadium.

The Cowboys will hope to win their game tonight to improve upon the already surprising successful season they have enjoyed.  The Cowboys will be led by junior Adam Toth, the premiere hitting junior for the Cowboys, who has been a mainstay in the lineup ever since his freshman year.  Toth can rely on  junior Sam Swinton who is also a hard hitting player who has been on varsity since his sophomore year.

Swinton will need to pitch better later in the year so that he may lead to Cowboys to a district title or playoff run that Coppell has been missing.  Last years disappointment was incredibly difficult on the entire Cowboy baseball program, putting a dark mark on a season where the Cowboys had every senior but one commit to play baseball in college.

The Cowboys have put to rest the fact that they could not get it done last season, and have started playing more like a team this year.

“I know after last year losing in the first round I didn’t cry like most teams at the end of the season,” Hutchins said. “That doesn’t mean I wasn’t involved in the team, it just shows that I wasn’t emotionally involved like I am for the guys on the team this year.

The game will start at 7 PM but to make sure and see the festivities, fans should arrive sometime around 6:30.

To see more about the Cowboys current standings click here