Waldo to promote Why Stuff Matters at Cozby Library

Bailey Lai

The Cozby Library and Community Commons regularly hosts a variety of literary events throughout the year. On Sunday at 2 p.m., author Jen Waldo will visit the library to discuss her upcoming novel Why Stuff Matters and sell signed books.

Pramika Kadari, Copy Editor

On Sunday at 2 p.m., author Jen Waldo is visiting the Cozby Library and Community Commons to discuss her literary life and upcoming novel, Why Stuff Matters, which releases in April.

The Friends of the Coppell Public Library, an organization striving to enhance the library experience, organized the event.

“Author visits are cool because you get to a glimpse into their mind of how they went through their writing processes,” Coppell High School senior Ahilesh Vasudaven said. “So it’s nice to have that inspiration.”

Why Stuff Matters follows a widow, Jessica, who inherits an antique mall, and ends up being dragged into a web of murders and lies because of it. Just like her previous novel, Old Buildings of North Texas, her new one is set in Texas, Waldo’s home state.

After the main presentation, Waldo will be selling limited copies of her novels, which attendees can also get signed if they desire.

The event is expected to end at approximately 3:30 p.m.

Follow Pramika on Twitter @pramika_kadari