Cowboys advance to Texas Cup State Tournament

Photo by Viviana Trevino

By Amanda Peck

The Coppell hockey team beat the Allen Eagles 6-2 in the City Championship game Wednesday night at the Farmers Branch Dr Pepper Stars Center.

The goals were scored by brothers Brandon and Bradley Harley and Sam Kim who all had two goals each. Each team member received medals and the team got a trophy to put in the trophy case in the main hallway.

“It was a great feeling to score two goals in the championship game, but it was an even better feeling to win and get a trophy as a team,” senior assistant. captain Brandon Harley said. “It also is really cool to be able to say that we are going to state.”

The Cowboys will compete in the Texas Cup State Tournament held at the Farmers Branch Dr Pepper Center this weekend. The tournament consists of games on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Coppell’s first game is scheduled for 4:15 on Friday, which gives Coppell little time to practice and prepare for the weekend. The Cowboy’s opponent for the game is to be determined.

Coppell has not made it as far as they have this year since they won the Texas Cup State Tournament in 2003.

“The team that we have this year is something we all feel really thankful for,” senior captain Charlie Busch said. “It is not only a great group of players, but they are all really great guys as well.”