CHS tennis hopes to serve winning shots against Macarthur

Pramika Kadari, Copy Editor

After the Coppell High School varsity tennis team was defeated by Southlake Carroll last Friday — its only loss so far this season — the players are ready to redeem themselves when they take on Irving MacArthur on Tuesday.

“We definitely need to take a win,” junior Mihiro Suzuki said.

The meet will take place at CHS, beginning at 4 p.m. and ending at approximately 7 p.m.

Doubles will be the team’s main focus on Tuesday. The team is  still testing out various doubles combinations, trying to find which athletes work best with each other.

“Our goal in every match coming up in the near future is to improve our doubles play,” Coppell coach Rich Foster said. “The strategy aspect for us is coming up with a line-up for doubles that we think best fits our opponent.”

The team has also been playing many extra doubles matches against good opponents in order to gain experience — something it does not have much of, since four of its top boys graduated last year.

“It’s hard to replace experience,” Foster said. “We have a lot of talent, but not much experience.”

Winning district and making it to the regional finals are the team’s main goals. As more of a far-fetched goal, the players hope to also qualify for the state tournament.

“We have a quality team, we have some really good young talent,” Foster said. “We would love to have students, teachers [and] principals come out and see them.”

Pramika Kadari, Copy Editor

Pramika Kadari is a junior and the Copy Editor on The Sidekick. In her free time, she enjoys reading, writing, watching movies and spending time with friends....

Disha Kohli, Business Manager

Disha Kohli is a senior and a second year staff photographer on The Sidekick. During her free time, she loves to read, hangout with her family and friends...